Christmas Wonderings

 


I wonder if I  pray differently than most people? Or maybe I pray exactly like most people…?

My mind wanders, I fall asleep, I get interrupted…and then I’m done. Sound familiar? 

What I need is to be outside, away from distractions. So this chilly morning, wrapped in a heated blanket on an enclosed porch, I entered into a quiet place of prayer.

As an author, writer, introverted-mess, I’ve found the best way for me to talk to God is to write my part out and wait. As I’m sitting here this morning, enjoying Christmas on the porch and blogging, I thought of King David. He didn’t always have an ideal place to pray, yet that didn’t stop him from jotting down some desperate prayers. I’ll go out on a limb here, and assume that like me, he had some introverted traits, too. 

Maybe that’s why I can relate to David’s prayers. I love how his writings jump from distress to praise without missing a beat! Still, “as a man after God’s own heart” (Acts 13:22), I wonder how much David  would have shared had he known those heartfelt jots and tittles would still be read thousands of years later? Would he have openly shared the ups and downs that detailed his unique relationship with God?

As the month of December marches on, I pray that each of us will share our vulnerable  heart with God…no pretense, no holding back…but get away from the hustle and bustle to simply be with Him.

Be blessed y’all,

Dreama

#ylcwv #BeyondTheMirror 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

I'll Trust in You week 33