Knowing God's Will...It Should Be Easy Right?

As I sit here with hurt feelings because, in all reality, I was put in my place and I'm just feeling sorry for myself, I prayed "Okay God, so where am I supposed to be and in the meantime, what am I supposed to be doing here, what is the purpose"?

His reply hurt my feelings even more when I felt the Holy Spirit say: "Pray".

Really? What is all I get? Pray? "No, seriously God, what am I supposed to be doing here?  Am I here wasting precious hours of my life just to bring in a paycheck or is there a purpose for all this"?

SILENCE - I got silence.

At my age, shouldn't I have figured out God's will for my life by now? Or...perhaps I make too much of seeking His will and desire something big and great and showy as an answer.  Maybe I am doing it wrong and am seeking signs instead of simply seeking Him for guidance, peace, and contentment.  Does that make sense?  To be perfectly honestly, I want to coach full time, to help others out of their rut and move forward, and to feel that I have found "The Purpose" for my own life...but, once again, when I made my appeal, He simply said "Pray".

So about this contentment and peace we all seek:  the Apostle Paul said that he had learned to be content in all areas of life - in those good, fulfilling days and in those days of bondage...what in the world was his secret to finding this peace and contentment?  Surely God didn't give the great apostle Paul the same line He gave me:  Pray.

Okay, so here is my plan:  for the next month (and yes I will be counting down the days and tangible accomplishments), I will "pray" for my workplace, for young Christians, and of course for my entire family.
I will keep you all posted on how this prayer thing is going - in the meantime, what are your thoughts on prayer?  Does it "work" - is it worth the effort, and if so, how much effort should be put into prayer?

Share your thoughts by commenting on this blog :-)

In Christ, Your Life Coach - Dreama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45