Back to my boots



Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10, KJV).

As I drove across Dolly Sods on 10/17/14 (according to date imprint from my camera), I found myself wondering why I don't visit this old family stomping ground more often.  As I climbed out of my Jeep, I looked down at my dust covered boots.  And thought about that question to myself for a minute.  For some reason, those old boots spoke to me and I realized that it was because of the other shoes I had been forced to wear, shoes that took me to "the office", shoes that took me to "ballgames", and shoes that took me "to church".  I realized that those shoes not only gave me a bunion, but for years, rubbed me wrong in so many other ways, causing me to bury the true me, the "Dreama" that is fighting to come back to the surface right now!


Just to clarify, this post isn't really about boots but about how situations, or shoes if you will, changed me as an individual.  Years of wearing dress shoes taught me humility, loyalty, and service...and gave me a soul bunion.  It took a few decades, but finally those dress shoes prevailed I had developed a character that was not truly "me".  Now, thanks to a job change, I believe that God will help me shed that soul bunion and once again be the woman of God with a quick smile and honest comeback, the woman who will fearlessly serve Him in boots with everything I am...okay, so back to my boots:


To be honest, most of the shoes I have worn over the years stunk!  Now don't get me wrong, I love watching my boy play ball (sneakers), I love going to church (heels), and let's face it most of us don't love going to work but once we get there, it isn't too bad, so we put on our (dress) shoes and off we go.  But sitting on top that mountain, it dawned on me that my recent change of jobs freed me up in more ways than giving me the opportunity to take an unscheduled ride across "The Sods".  As I ate my fried egg sandwich and sipped a side of lukewarm coffee (don't knock it until you've tried it!), I took time to simply be still before God, taking in His beauty and giving thanks. It was then that I realized that I was not made for those other shoes, just these old boots.  Boots that gave me stability, traction, and comfort. Boots I could wear in sunshine or rain and just be me...and I found some long missing contentment.

I believe that God created each of us as unique individuals, with unique talents, likes, and desires; it is when we lose track of who He created us to be that a soul bunion develops causing a lot of unnecessary pain and discomfort.  Trust Him to help you rediscover your unique soul which may have somehow gotten lost in the shoe shuffle. I promise you will not be disappointed in the unique person He created you to be.  

In Christ,


Coach naw...just Dreama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

And Sometimes...It is Just God