Touching Jesus week 41


“Touching Jesus”


REFLECTION

“And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
(Luke 9:23, KJV)

IMAGINE THIS
A Friday-spur-of-the-moment picnic with my husband was exactly what I needed. I figured I’d write while he fished.
But...it was hot. The insects were plentiful and loud.
My trusty car blanket, now covered in dust and twigs, was hardly a cushion against the hard October ground.
Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all, and my writer’s notebook lay untouched.


Suddenly, my husband’s voice carried to me from across the lake. I looked up and took in the scene before me. He was grinning like a little boy, holding up a big bass as his ‘yak rocked on the water.
I laughed as two swans squawked at guys trolling past their ‘ugly ducking’.
I noticed a flock of mallards flying high overhead. I even saw a butterfly dipping dangerously close to the water’s surface as the wake from a jumping fish reached the shore.
Then, as a pleasant warm breeze cooled my brow, I knew the answer to my question of the week. When we enjoy the first gift He ever gave us, life, we touch Jesus.
Uncapping my pen, I answered the question that had been plaguing me: how can I touch Jesus? Answer: by enjoying the gift of life.
When we enjoy life (nature and people), then acknowledge the presence of God, we touch Jesus. 
When we acknowledge God in our real lives, we'll commune with Him. When we commune with Him, we build relationship. As we build our relationship, we get to know Him. When we get to know Him, Jesus becomes a friend. When He becomes our friend, we seek Him out. When we seek Him out, we find Him. When we find Him.




A DEEPER LOOK

Daily Focus Scripture
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here


The ability to touch Jesus is a gift that we have to open and use. This week, consider ways in which you can touch Jesus through quality time with Him, listening expectantly, and allowing God Himself to break the silence.

We can touch Jesus when:
1) our heart and head are in agreement within His will as revealed in scriptures
(Lamentations 3:25)
2) when we have a sincere heart
(1 John 1:9)
3) when we push through our crowded soul (mind-will-emotions) and let the Holy Spirit have His way
(Psalm 23:3)
4) when we look to Him for guidance in our real lives
(Proverbs 3:5-6)
5) when we keep going through and persevere in faith regardless of life’s circumstances
(Psalm 9:10)
6) when we are honest with ourselves, God, and others
(Psalm 139:4)

Be blessed this week y'all,
In Christ with love and compassion,
Coach Kelly
#BeyondTheMirror
#YourLifeCoachingWV

Published:
[2018-10-10;
2017-10-7]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

And Sometimes...It is Just God