Stop the Presses!




Your Life Coaching WV, llc
Serving Neighbors since 2012
“Where Hope + Faith = Sight…Because you matter.”




I’ll soon be 55 years old…and I’m more confused about life than ever.

The left is fighting the right; the right is fighting the left; on Capitol Hill, democrats, republicans, and the middle are all looking for something resembling truth; instead they’re finding something skewed to support a biased narrative. I won’t speak for any other state, but most of the folks I talk with here in West Virginia are fed up!

We want the same things: to be able to work, to feed our families, keep gas in our engines, and keep Jesus close.  We want to be productive. We want to make our own choices. We want women to be women and men to be men. We want our children happy and safe, playing in our streets and on their playgrounds without fear; we want them to be kids and not forced to make adult decisions! We want to be able to respectfully disagree without hate or labels! 

For a while now, when watching the news, I ask myself the same questions as when watching reality television: Who wrote this? Is this for real? And then I remind myself: Ain’t no one that dumb. They’re getting paid to entertain!  And my favorite: “Good Lord, Dreama, don’t buy into that crap.”

Discerning the ‘truth’ isn’t easy, even when I compare and contrast varying points of view. What are we supposed to believe? I have been thinking about Isaiah 5:20 which seems to sums up what we have going on here. “They say what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right; that black is white and white is black that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter,” (TLB).

I am not convinced the truth behind America’s new normal will be revealed this side of heaven. But one thing is for sure: we have the foundation for a country that can flourish again. 

How?

I’ll just leave this here: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.” (2 Chronicles 7:14-15).

Be blessed y’all,

Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45