The Power of a Period.

Revelation 22:13: "I am the...Beginning and the End."
When my children were little, they taught me a valuable lesson...the power of a period. 

Like most children, they quickly learned how to manipulate mom to get their way. With that said, I can proudly exclaim that my children were above average at figuring me out! One of my favorites memories is of them making a "pout face" at me after I had proclaimed "No!" They knew that their adorable faces would make mom feel bad for being so 'mean' and I'd give in. Then there as the word "No..."  This word immediately brought on a whoop of joy because they knew that they were going to get that ice cream after all...I was young, I was clueless, I was a typical mom... until that glorious day when my children unwittingly revealed to me the power of a period.

It was that day I finally figured out that I could have the upper hand; it was the same day that our entire household realized that "No." meant it ain't gonna happen, not today, probably not tomorrow either. "No." simply meant move on and don't ask again.  The power of a period works with children, adults, and believe it or not,  in the spiritual realm as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let's be honest, most Christians can recite James 4:7, but the part we like best is "...and he will flee from you."  I know that I have yelled at Satan to leave me alone, get out of my house, I even went as far as opening the door to evict him!  I have passionately prayed for God to make him stop. And I have found that what works best resides in the power of a period.

I gave this advice to my son-in-law earlier this week. That when we make a declaration, nine times out of ten, emotionalism is involved...and emotions are fickle, wavering, and not always reliable (James 1:6-8); Satan won't necessarily listen to us when we emotionally yell at him. Nor does he flee when told to do so in an ellipsis moment...this just gives time for us to forget and for him to regroup. Honestly, when dealing with the forces of evil, we can't afford to give a foothold (Ephesians 4:25-27)!  But when we use that period, oh folks, Satan has no choice but to flee. Why? Well, that is the point in time when we admit that our strength, our wisdom, our expertise is exhausted; and the exact point in time when we allow the Holy Spirit to take over; and within Him is where our power is. Period.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you let the Holy Spirit work on your behalf, use these tips to utilize the power of a period: When faced with a difficult situation, speak clearly, concisely, confidently, and on purpose, keeping emotionalism and indecisiveness out of your tone...never be afraid to use "The Power of a Period."

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45