My Life My Offering week 5

“My Life My Offering”


Photo credit D. Kelly @ Mineral Co., WV

REFLECTION 

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
(Micah 6:8, ESV).

A DEEPER LOOK 

Read

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday


IMAGINE THIS

The Third Day song Offering expresses a humbling reality: the only thing we can offer God is our life. Our temporary life in exchange for His eternal glory.  Our obedience, relationship, and desire to serve Him – are all we can offer - because that’s all we’ve got. We can offer Him back the life He gave us. And strangely enough…that’s enough. That’s all He wants. For us to worship Him in spirit and truth. To love Him with all our heart and soul. To do right. To love mercy. To walk humbly with Him.

During this week’s devotional time, let’s seek The Holy Spirit’s guidance on any area in our lives that we’re holding back from Him. Maybe it’s a ‘secret sin’, finances, family, or workplace.   Wonder what would happen in our lives if we handed Him these areas for His healing touch?

For me, this means that I will be asking Him to empower me to let go of self-doubt and embrace His promises. Promises too personal to share – promises too scary – too lofty – to share…promises that I am working toward accepting.  It will require obedience to His instruction. A willingness to put aside my pride. I will need to humble myself and accept that He alone is in control.



How humbling to realize that the only thing God wants from us is our life?

+

I asked Him for validation and I prayed. But instead of a Gideon moment, He reminded me of that He had spoken to my heart and Jeremiah 29:11.  So I rolled up my sleeves, again, I starting getting ready to get ready. I smiled and declared to myself and Him: “Lord, my life belongs to You. Use it, it’s Yours.”

MY THOUGHTS

Journal your thoughts here:
-What would my life look like if it was totally surrendered to God?
-What areas of my life are untouched by Him?
-What have I set aside as off limits to God?
-Finish this:
Father, this week I am handing You                                                                                 .
Today is___________________ and I am feeling:                                                     

My thoughts: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

Jesus, Touch Me Again