Just a mouse?

"Catch for us the little foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom" (Song of Solomon 2:15, NIV).

Good morning y'all. I just wanted to share a funny story.  Earlier this week my husband came into our bedroom and informed me that he may or may not have heard a mouse in the kitchen. He apologized for having to leave and not being able to deal with the critter.

I think I am pretty self sufficient around the house...except when it comes to mice. With them, well...I'm a big chicken...a scardy cat...a whimp. But someone had to get this critter out of the house. So I found and set a trap. Then woke my 15-year-old son...to open the drawer where the mouse may or may not be hiding. I waited, not so patiently, for AJ to stop grinning and open the drawer. I know he was secretly hoping the darn thing would run out of hiding and scurry up my leg or something equally humorous to him and mortifying to me.  So I stood there with trap in hand - no I can't lie - it was balanced on the edge of a yard stick. With thoughts of what would  follow going through my mind - if you've ever had a mouse in the house you know the drill - I slid the trap into the drawer, praying it wouldn't trip, and again saw my kid grinning as he pushed the drawer shut.

I was considering my course of action when that mouse scurried out of hiding!  And I screamed like a little girl - did a full body shake - and left the house. As I started the Jeep - I saw four deer standing on the lower part of our property. I promise you I said out loud that I would rather have all four of them in the house instead of one tiny mouse...but I've never had a deer in my house so that may be an exaggeration. Yet for some reason, deer scare me a lot less than a mouse...

+ + +
I reckon we know that God uses all sorts of things to speak to us. As I was driving down the road,  it occurred to me that the mouse represented tiny sins in our life - the ones we can almost hide. But  eventually they creep out of hiding and create messes we   have to clean up. 

I know that using a mouse as inspiration for a blog post may be one of my oddest posts yet but here it is.  

Today, my prayer for you is to laugh with me as this mouse is still alive and well just waiting to scare a scream out of me...but it has made me think about any little sins I may be harboring in my spiritual house.

Have a blessed day y'all
 In Christ with love and compassion,
Coach Kelly

#WVStrong 
#YourLifeCoachingWV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45