The Problem with Jesus

"Then Jesus said..."Martha, Martha..." (Luke 10:41)

I woke up earlier than usual this morning. Not a bad thing really, it gave me a little more time to gather my thoughts and start the Thursday routine. Thirty minutes in, my mind wandered to someone I know. Just a random thought really - nothing substantial. Until I questioned their problem with Jesus. As sure as I'm typing, I heard in my spirit It's because He calls them on their crap. Ouch. I mean, really? Who wants to hear that first thing in the morning?  Certainly not me. Not someone who has been called out by the Holy Spirit on many occasion. Not me. Nope. Didn't want to hear that.

But as I pondered the thought, I realized that is exactly why folks have a problem with Jesus. He lived a perfect life. He was friendly. He was compassionate. He was empathetic. He was Jesus for crying out loud! And He called people out for sin. 'Big' sin, 'little' sin, 'acceptable' sin, 'normal' sin...He exposed them all...yet, He continues to love us anyway. And by the way, sin is sin. There is no 'degree' to it. It is anything that seperates us from God - from His righteousness - we've sort of got that mixed up.  It's no wonder some of us don't want a relationship with Him. He gets in our business and holds us accountable. He truly calls us out.

During His life,  He proved that He loves humanity enough to call us out. To hold us accountable. And we just can't understand the concept, let alone embrace it. It is His version of tough love. Love without limits. Love He gave His life, and sent the Holy Spirit, to prove. I reckon that's the problem with Jesus. 

Selah.

Wishing each of you a blessed Thursday,

In Christ with lov and compassion,

Coach Kelly

#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45