God's Branches week 47

"God's Branches"
Beyond the Mirror Week 47
“You didn’t choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you could go and produce fruit and so that your fruit could last. As a result, whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give you.” (John 15:16, CEB).

REFLECTION

1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.  12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:1-12, ESV).
+ + +


I couldn’t get over those leaves though!
How can one vine produce such a variety of color?
I reckon the difference was in their response to the elements.
I had a hard time picking out my favorite color.
Each unique and beautiful in its own right.
So, I resolved that I didn’t need to pick a favorite color.
I could enjoy the bush as a whole.
I smiled as I felt the coolness of a fall rain tap my shoulders.
It was indeed a beautiful day.
And for that I was thankful.

IMAGINE THIS

Have you ever wondered by we are all so different? Why we react to the same stimuli with such a variety of responses?  
I come from a large family and like all families...we are unique. I was studying the picture of my siblings, our dad, and I taken the Thanksgiving we lost mom to cancer. It was bittersweet - the first one without mom and the last one with dad. I peered into our faces through the glass and smiled at each one.


We have pretty strong family genes so there are some dominant traits. Some we love, like our blue/green eyes, others not so much...but since we’d look pretty silly without a nose, we’ll focus on that cute little dimple instead and keep smiling. The physical traits we have little to no control over but some we do. Such as our variety of gifts and talents. We are all different yet similar in various stages of physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Our personality differences made up for by our love of family, God, and fond memories of yesteryear. Products of the same family tree.


The really odd thing about our family is that we still like each other. We regularly have get togethers and family events even though our parents, the glue of most families, are no longer with us.  It got me to thinking, if we can be this diverse in a biological family and still love one another...why can’t the children of God do the same? Why is it so hard to appreciate our individual differences? Things He instilled within us to create a diverse and unique Body...why can’t we see His Body as a whole?


A DEEPER LOOK

Daily scripture readings
Sunday
Chosen by God
Monday
Different yet the same
Tuesday
Unique for a purpose
Wednesday
Born to bear fruit
Thursday
Just be thankful!
Friday
Be happy being YOU!
Saturday
His work, your hands

MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here

We’re all unique and have a unique job to do while on this earth. When we find the works that He has blessed us to do, we are content, happy, joyful...thankful. This week, list ways you are thankful for your work, then rejoice and be glad as you are doing it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45