My Wish week 50



REFLECTION

“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you”  (Ephesians 4:32, ESV).

IMAGINE THIS

The night was blustery and cold. Silently falling snowflakes, melting before reaching the ground, only added to the night’s ambiance. Such a pretty sight. In my office, the electric fire place was flickering in time to the candle on its mantel. 

Swirling my coffee, I hummed along to the soft Christmas music flowing from my laptop. Resting at my feet, the dogs had finally embraced the peacefulness, too. All in all, it was quiet the peace-filled scene. And I remembered my wish.
I had wished for this. And here it was. Some quiet me time. I needed this! But in all reality, it was sort of lonely. Especially when I pictured my husband’s silly grin. Or our grandkids baking Christmas cookies. I remembered the cookie sprinkles on the hardwood floor and could recall how they loudly proclaimed their cookie tasted best. I smiled when I recalled how my son declared he was good at this - once he decided to eat one of the cookies he baked. I recalled our annual trip to the park to light see and the excitement on all our faces as we watched the little ones run ahead to the next display. And my heart broke. Like so many others in our community, my ailing siblings are no longer able to do these things with their families. And suddenly, my wish was revealed for what it was: somewhat selfish.
True each of us need a little down time. And eventually we’ll get it. But especially at Christmas time, I wish for us to embrace the chaos that comes with family and friends.  I wish to take time and be in the moment with them. I wish for good times with family and friends. For them (and us) to be healthy, happy, saved, and safe. I wish for many years of life with those we love. And yes, I wish for a few hours of ‘me time’ to recharge for the next thing! And lastly, I wish that each of us will make wishes worth coming true.  

A DEEPER LOOK

Daily scripture readings
I wish for:
Sunday
More time
Monday
Forgiveness
Tuesday
Less toil and trouble
Wednesday
Good days
Thursday
His favor
Friday
Eternal life
Saturday
A bold spirit and humble heart


MY THOUGHTS

Journal your thoughts here on things you wish for and how they fit into God’s plan for your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45