Just give me five minutes




A March 'robin snow' as my parents would have called it was blowing around outside. Jerking the door back from the wind, I walked into the peaceful warmth of my she-shed office. A place dedicated to ministry and growth. In there, I can feel the presence of God by simply being still. The warmth and peace embraced me as I put down my briefcase and shook the snow out of my hair. It had been a long day, I was ready for this...

I sat down on the arm of the love seat and wished out loud that I had a cup of tea and time to enjoy the snow. Sighing, I shoved off the seat and headed back into the blowing snow. In my mind I knew I needed just five minutes in the house. Waiting there were dogs to put out and groceries to put away. Keeping my head down, I hurried home and immediately turned the kettle on to heat. I grabbed a favored snowman mug, tossed in a tea bag, and put those five minutes to good use: dogs out, groceries put away, tea steeping...and I looked out to see the sun shining. The snow squall was over. I had only needed a mere five minutes to enjoy the wonder of a March snow squall. A mere five minutes! Five minutes to sip tea and listen for God to speak to my heart. A mere five minutes to absorb the comfort of that little shed before 'adulting' again...a mere five minutes...

+ + + 

How many times have we done this? Lost a precious opportunity for mundane tasks that seriously could have waited? 

Folded clothes instead of playing trains...for just five minutes.

Washed dishes instead of playing chase...for just five minutes.

Trolled Facebook instead of praying for a neighbor...for just five minutes.

Chances are, five minutes aren't going to make much difference to the clothes, dishes, or Facebook posts...but five minutes with God or a loved one can make all the difference in the world.

Next time you're tempted to say 'just give me five minutes', make sure you spend them wisely. Lord knows I'm praying I will...

+ + +

Be blessed today y'all,

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

Jesus, Touch Me Again