He knows the Stars by Name

Photo Credit: Dolly Sods Facebook Group - Unknown

Hey y’all. 

    After journaling morning prayers and reading a devotion, Psalm 147:4 came to mind (He knows the stars by name). While this picture does not belong to me, thanks to the privilege of being born on Jordan Run, for most of my life, I was able to set in awe of this star-studded sky…but back then, I took it for granted. For forty years of my life, it was always there…but I took that view for granted…Perhaps in the same way I take other blessings for granted. 

    When I opened my Bible, I was not surprised to see that my pre-dawn thoughts aligned with the message God had for me today: The In-Touch Devotion, “Cry out to the Lord,” is derived from Psalm 107:23-32. 

    This passage of scripture speaks of being tossed about on life's sea; of being in turmoil, anxiety, and stressed beyond natural coping abilities. The devotional was so timely for the pandemic-stricken world we are currently living in; a time when we have learned that nothing should be taken for granted; that each day is a gift. A time in history where we question our right/ability to attend a funeral or buy toilet paper and everything in between. 

    As we enter a new week, I pray that we as a people will cry out to the Lord; seek His hand of protection, provision, and mercy – not only for our nation, but for the entire planet. Perhaps if we cry out to the Lord – as David did in Psalm 120 – He will answer. 

    Praying for each of you to have a blessed and purposeful week.

    Coach Kelly, YLCWV

    "Where HOPE + FAITH = SIGHT...Because YOU Matter"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45