Singing Our Way Through This New Normal

As I was scrolling through my phone, I found this picture of my grandsons. My first thought: "Oh! Looks like they're social distancing!" Social distancing, masks, hand sanitizer, pandemic, no get-togethers, no sneezing, no shaking hands...terms associated with our new global normal. Phrases I have come to destest. Who would have thought that my biggest desire, the ONE THING I'd like to do more than ANYTHING is take a trip to BAM and skim through my newest books while enjoying a cup of Joe Mugs Coffee? Instead, I look at my Jeep and wish for things that, because I try to be a good citizen, are no longer as simple as pulling out of the driveway and heading South East! Earlier this week, I was talking with a friend. When she expressed concern over the mental well being of a few people in her circle, I realized that during this new normal, during the holiday season, over the drabness of winter, we should all be thinking of mental health...our own as well as our neighbors. Over the next few weeks, my goal is to add positive posts to be shared and pondered. Coaching tips and ideas that are simple and effective. Tip of the day: 1) Listen to some uplifting music and sing along. There are a lot of benefits to singing - and here's the FIRST search link that popped up: https://takelessons.com/live/singing/health-benefits-of-singing Have a blessed rest of your day - Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45