When "I Believe" Isn't Enough

This morning I was getting ready for my day and out of the blue the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart about what it means to believe.



I honestly do not recall what I was thinking at the time when He tugged on my heart and said "You believe but it's more important to follow."  His words bugged me throughout the day so now, at 9:30 pm on a Saturday evening, well past my usual blogging time, I just have to put His words out here for y'all to read and ponder - ya know, share my thoughts, to share the love.

The popular phrase "I Believe" is a great way to share the fact that we believe in a Triune God; a great way to open conversation about God and faith and life in general; but what does that mean or what difference does it really make? Is it only words or can the fact that we believe change the world for others? Let me expand upon that thought:

Mark 1:24, Matthew 8:29, and Revelation 12:4 records instances of demons and angels alike knowing and believing in God and Jesus, even calling Jesus by name and title.  All indications point to the fact that they certainly knew and believed...yet they were cast out.  Believing wasn't enough to save them...are we so disillusioned as to think that we are going to fare any better than they just because we believe?  I guess I'm asking is believing enough or is there more to being a born-again, saved, heaven-bound Christian? The Holy Spirit answered this for me with a whisper "Follow".

Being an effective Christian born for such a time as this requires us to follow the promptings of The Holy Spirit, to testify, to share the love, to follow the Bible's commands because they are good and right; to follow the path that Jesus laid out before us with joy, compassion, discipline, and love...just because we want to honor Him! To believe  is the necessary first step but to follow, well to follow will lead us home.

Y'all have a blessed night; my prayer is that the road you are following will indeed lead you and others home.

In Christ with Love and Compassion,
Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45