Just a Mom week 20

Spring Week 20
“Just a Mom”



Photography has always been one of my favorite pastimes.
Over the years, I'd put it on the back burner.
Now, I'm pulling it back out - and I'm doing that for me!
Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Dolly Sods, Grant Co., WV

REFLECTION


“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love; love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” (1 Corinthians 13:13; 4 & 5, NIV).


Question of the day: What would you do for the love of a child?

A DEEPER LOOK
Read:

This week’s verses remind us that love doesn’t always look the same. Sometimes its messy, sometimes its cute, and sometimes…it’s right down painful. But God’s love – it looks a lot like Jesus.


Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

IMAGINE THIS

As time marches on, my pathway, as just a mom, seems less clear. Do I watch in silence or voice my opinion? Do I listen or speak? I honestly don’t know. Not anymore…

So I’ll do what any mom should. I will pray and cry. I will laugh and I doubt. I will smile through my uncertainty. Other than this, I’m just a mom…what do I know?

Only this, dear children of mine, that I will love you through it all.

+ + +

Adults. My girls and their little brother not far behind, so I worry. I worry about their finances, relationships, family, home, and their cars! For the life of me…I can’t quit being just their mom. I see them succeed and I beam. I see them stumble and I cringe. I hear them laugh and I rejoice. There is no ending to being just their mom. I wonder why I was so excited for them to grow up? Instead of embracing the tangled mess that was Jillian’s hair, the constant skinned knees that were Jerrica’s, or the many dental emergencies that were Taryn’s…I rushed them into growing up. And Anthony? That boy is growing up way too fast and although still at home – he’s not our little man anymore; he’s a young man. 


And I’m still just their mom.

Recently I was contemplating the pros and cons of being just a mom. The list of cons kept growing as if that list is perpetual. My list of cons looks like a lost-and-found box! Its contents only a mom understands.

Taste in music, food preferences, entertainment, personal identity, sleep, even our figure is lost!

See what I mean? That list could go on and on. Then, I tried to come up with a similar, weightier, also perpetual list of positives - a list of major scores for motherhood. And for the life of me, I could only come up with one. Just. One. Word. Love.

That’s it. That’s the positive of being just a mom, a grandmother, a wife. Simply love. And ya know what? In its truest form, love is enough. It covers all the rest of this stuff. It makes a solid foundation for the chaos of being just a mom. It makes all those cons worth it, or maybe truer to point, love makes the perpetual list of cons obsolete. Because in the end, memories of little hand prints make moms smile. Trust me here: one day, those chicken nugget Happy Meals will make you long for days gone by. Why? Because love is patient, love is kind, love binds everything together, love is…well love. It restores harmony. It covers this list of cons – all of them. Love is the heartbeat behind one three letter word: Mom.

Ladies, during this Mother’s Day season, at the end of the day, I pray that you’ll embrace being Just a Mom. It’s an awesome, hectic, amazing, stressful, fun, busy, life-altering journey. And you are not on it alone. God is also a three letter word. He is right there with you – with your kids – and just like you…He is never too tired for a late night chat with one of His kids. You see, love is His heartbeat too.


MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here
At the end of this day, consider the many ways you felt love and jot them down. Then, next time you’re feeling down, pull this journal entry out and remind yourself how loved you truly are – I’ve jotted the first one down for you!
Today is___________________ and I am feeling:                                                                

My thoughts:   I am so loved by God, that He gave His Son for me! Then,  empowered me with His Holy Spirit!          

+ + +

Have a blessed new week y'all

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV 
#BeyondTheMirror

Published:
[ 2018-05-16;
2017-05-14.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45