Love without end amen

John 15:13 - "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend."
Don't you just love this old country song? Back in the day, it was "our song"...before ex- was placed in front of the word husband. For us, it just wasn't meant to be and that's okay. But earlier today I was looking at some Facebook pictures of what I consider "troubled kids" and instead of feeling fear or disgust, I felt sad. For some of them, love ended. Family left them high-and-dry; friends betrayed them; girlfriends cheated, boyfriends punched; and God isn't in their family pictures.
These young men and women are flipping off the camera, beer in hand, cigarettes on the table, and more than likely, drugs in their veins - I am not judging or belittling them, I just know some of their habits...but this isn't about what is on the surface, what they are allowing us to see.
It is about something deeper. That God-shaped hole they are trying to fill with everything else. As some of us know very well, there is a void inside us that only God can fill.  These "kids" only know that they feel empty inside. I want to help them. I want to pray them through. I want for God to protect them and draw them close. I want them to ask Him into their lives and fill up that void.
So at 2AM, I am asking for these things. I am asking God to call our young people out and I am asking y'all to pray for them as well. To see them through the eyes of Christ. When you see them on the street, give them a smile and whisper a prayer, share your hope with the hopeless. Help them to find His love - the only love without end. I ask that you will let God use you, to search your heart and motivate you into action for those lost. I pray that He will open the eyes of your heart to see people, truly see them, and that you will be moved into action through compassion to share His love...
In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

The Life Journey week 4