Just a little ice


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for YOU declares the Lord..."

I don't like to complain about the weather; that doesn't mean I enjoy it, but since only God controls it...who am I to complain about how He does His job? So like most of my Neighbors here in West Virginia, when I woke up to ice covered everything, I groaned..."Father, I am not complaining...but I will admit that I am ready for SpRiNg. AMEN!"


+ + +

I have a habit of trying to find beauty in most situations, including a West Virginia ice storm. Something my husband loves about me I'm sure, haha....So as he was shoveling our driveway this morning, he saw something he knew would make me drop my writing project and grab my camera.


I followed him outside so he could point out this beautiful red berry bush encapsulated in ice - and I just had to share it with y'all!  Not just because I think the buds look pretty but because it reminded me of  how God works.


As I was snapping the photos, the sun broke through the clouds and before long it's warmth cracked the ice, fully exposing the red buds beauty...the principle is the same as when we let God's love break through whatever has us in its cold grip...

+ + +

Inside each of us is a beautiful person just waiting for a chance to shine through; but the cares of life, or some bad choices, can hold us captive, keeping us from becoming the unique individual God created us to be.  Luckily for us, He can see through us quite clearly. So no matter how hard or cold we appear from the outside in, He knows what lies beneath the surface is beautiful...making Him love us more than we could ever imagine.

+ + +

My prayer is that you will allow God's love to warm you from the inside out, allow Him to set you free from whatever icy grip holds you:  habits, addictions, emotions, past hurts...His love is like the sun, waiting to crack the cold shell holding you back...'cause to Him...Its just a little ice

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

Jesus, Touch Me Again