Breathtakingly Beautiful on this Ordinary Day


  
 Proverbs 8:27; 30-31
"I was there when the LORD put the heavens in place and stretched the sky over the surface of the sea...I was right beside the LORD helping him plan and build.
 I made him happy each day, and I was happy at his side. I was pleased with his world and pleased with its people." (CEV)


Good morning! I am working from the front porch again today, which is nothing new for me huh? But y'all, I just want to squeeze in a few more of these front porch sittings while I can with fall in the air!  So I bundled up, made a mug of coco, and decided that if I wanted to do this, I had to make a few changes. Good changes I reckon...just different, but I had to ask myself if I'm really up to enjoying front porch sitting this morning? Wouldn't it make more sense to grab my coco and work inside? And as it does every year, fall challenges some of my life’s perspectives. Like do I really like fall? The temperature changes alone should cause us to question the beauty of this season, right? And then, what about all those colorful leaves? They end up in the yard only to be raked and burned or at least mulched. Where's the beauty in that? And lastly, running late, have you ever forgot about October's frozen dew? Seriously, why do  I like this time of year? The question is valid especially when we consider that, along with its beauty, fall brings a lot of extra work. Something that fall and real life have in common. 


+ + +

Each of us have everyday tasks that have to be done. And then, just for the fun of it, life will toss in a few extras: sickness, the need for new tires, an occasional rude  co-worker, a moody teenager in the house, a busted water pipe…things that demand immediate attention. And suddenly in addition to the ordinary, there arises the need for extra planning, money, and forethought. These things make me wonder if my  parents’ philosophy of taking  the good with the bad and dealing with life as it comes was inspired by fall.


But not to worry! The Bible tells us to take no thought for tomorrow (Matthew 6:34, KJV), that everything will work out as it should, that God literally has our back and that His love will see us through...

Through…not over. Not around. Just through. Making us deal with life as it comes...today. Mulching leaves…today. And tomorrow. And next week. But still one day at a time. One task at a time. Working through life as it comes and trying to find the beauty in ordinary life. For me, this means looking at fall for what it is today: a beautiful display of colors, a steady increase in daytime temperatures, and an early evening to enjoy being home with my family. Fall, like life itself, isn't perfect but has moments that are breathtakingly beautiful. My wish for y'all today is to find something breathtakingly beautiful in this ordinary day.

Be blessed y’all!

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly

#BeyondTheMirror 
#YourLifeCoachingWV 
#WVStrong






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45