Fires and Floods - Faith and Logic

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you" (Isaiah 54:10. NIV)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever" (Isaiah 40:8, NIV).
+ + +

2016 has certainly been a test of faith in the Bible Belt and beyond. Fires, floods, civil unrest... Yet somehow, for the most part, our overall faith in God remains. Perhaps in some cases, growing even stronger.  And some have asked how can this be...how can we keep trusting in God after looking around at the chaos and devastation?  I understand their doubt…because, logically keeping the faith doesn't always make sense. 

But then again, faith isn't about logic…

Logic. The ability to reason things out, to make sense of it all. And once again, logically, I can't explain why I embrace faith in God…yet, even after I've witnessed tragedy, devastation - both natural and man-made  - I continue believing. In my heart, I know it is because I've experienced the 3-Gs of God: guidance, grace and goodness. Faith often tested and proven during times when stuff doesn't make sense but somehow works out. 

Still...faith in God is nothing I can explain using words...but I can feel Him surrounding me, encouraging me, prompting me to keep going forward. It's a feeling in my soul coming from my gut...an unexplainable nudge. So because of what I've experienced in the past and believe for the future, through faith, I keep going. I keep trusting in God through faith. 

There is a  verse in 2 Corinthians that talks about being in trouble but not distressed. About not being forsaken even when we're persecuted. It ends with a statement that tells us to bear witness of Jesus when we go through these things (2 Corinthians 4:8-10). So when our faith is being tested by fire and floods, famine and drought, or plenty of lack,  it should remain. Because more important than what we go through is how we go through it: with an unwavering faith tethered to an unchanging God.

2016 has truly been a monumental year. Things have happened that defy reason but though it all, many of us have remained steadfast in our love for community and God.  And we are charged to share the hope we have in and through Christ with our neighbors. 

Today I encourage you to find a moment to share His love; give someone a taste of the hope you have. The greatest gift we can offer our family and neighbors this Christmas is the gift of Jesus’ love. 
+ + +

If you would like to request special prayer this holiday season, please send me an e-mail to yourlifecoachingwv.com , use PRAYER as the subject. 

Have a blessed day y'all - 
In Christ with love and compassion 
~Coach Kelly

#YourLifeCoachingWV
#WVStrong
#BeyondTheMirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

The Life Journey week 4