Just tell me no.




"Oh star light. Oh star bright...Lord help me pray this prayer just right"
Dreama Kelly, Your Life Coaching WV - Beyond the Mirror

1 Timothy 6:6-8 (ESV)
"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content."

+ + +

I was driving into the office this morning and my heart's desire came to mind. I started to pray about it and stopped.  What if He says "Okay Dreama, here ya go." and I don't like the consequences? What then? How can I get the contentment and peace that I have now back?  So, before the prayer came out of my mouth I stopped and rephrased it and here's why:

It is too easy to set our eyes on something that we want, or think we want, and then pray for God to give it to us. And if we're persistent enough, He may very well allow us to have it...but maybe more as an object lesson than a blessing. 

Recently, I witnessed how an answered prayer can become a burden. And so I have concluded that sometimes, maybe a lot of times, it's best for God to just tell me no. So my mid-week post is actually my morning prayer: "Father, You know what my heart desires. But if it isn't what I need, if it is outside of Your perfect will for me and my Neighbors, if it is not as good as I have built it up in my mind...then please Father, just tell me no."

Have a blessed Wednesday y'all,

In Christ with love and compassion,



Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror #WVStrong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45