Not Just a Pretty Face week 12

Not Just a Pretty Face - by Jerrica Fout


Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Hardy Co., WV

"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." 
(Proverbs 31:30, ESV)


REFLECTION

“Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favor in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition and my people at my request” (Esther 7:3, KJV).

Question of the day: How courageous is my faith?

A DEEPER LOOK

Read:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

This week, our verses remind us that courageous faith cannot be judged by outward appearance. Courage faith can only be measured by our heart; and only God truly knows our heart’s intent.

IMAGINE THIS

She was uninvited…yet there she stood. Waiting in the doorway somewhere between obedience and fear.  Waiting, she was just waiting…and…He was probably asking himself how to handle this woman.
Send her away in shame to possible death or hear what she has to say?
He was lost in thought…And holding her breath…she waited still. It probably felt more like hours than seconds. Then ever so slowly, he stretched out his arm…In welcome.
Although pampered and beautiful, her legs felt weak, maybe because she just coming off a three day fast…Maybe it was because she was uncertain of her fate…Still holding her breath, slowly, no longer awaiting his decision, she entered the room.  She was equipped only with what God had given her:
Beauty, Grace, Opportunity, And the wisdom of His Holy Spirit…

+

Most of us have heard Esther’s story. Mostly emphasizing Uncle Mordecai’s “For such a time as this” (Esther 5:13). But we stop there. Failing to consider the outcome had Esther’s heart not been enhanced by her outward beauty. More to the point, what if her outward beauty was of no value to her? What if she failed to embrace all that God had created her to be?

We’ve heard it said time and time again, “beauty is only skin deep”. While this statement is true, let’s not downplay the confidence we can find in our physical beauty.  From the passage above we know that Esther was not only a Godly woman but she was BEAUTIFUL.  She captured the attention of everyone by simply walking into the room.  We need to understand that this was an important part of who she was.  She was made by God to be a beautiful woman.

Not true for me…or so I thought. And I spent years just feeling ugly. I had no self-confidence, a horrible self-image and as silly as this may sound, I used to go to bed praying I would wake up with a different face. Satan used this against me daily.  Utilizing my inner nemesis to hold me back. To keep me from being the best version of myself that I could be.  Basically, this meant that there was no way I would ever do anything that meant I had to be physically seen.  And this hindered my calling, my passions and the young woman God created me to be.

My light could not shine because it was hidden beneath layers of insecurity.
It wasn’t until I had my own daughter that I began to realize that I would be a reflection to her. She would mirror my behavior. And the last thing I ever wanted was for this beautiful little girl to feel ugly or let insecurities hold her back from being a strong daughter for God.

That is when I started changing. When I began praying for confidence within myself.
That is when I started taking pride in myself, not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  My change did not happen overnight, it took work, it took effort and it took many talks with God. But I can proudly say, I like every part of me. My light is able to shine bright and I no longer feel the need to hide who I am.

MY THOUGHTS

Today I urge you to look at your own self-image. Do something for yourself that physically reflects your inner beauty. Maybe that means you paint your nails, put on some lipstick, or do your hair…whatever it means for you…take time for yourself and find the confident woman God created you to be…BUT more importantly, take time to seek the Holy Spirit for wisdom on how you can embrace the woman you were created to be, to sincerely pray the serenity prayer…and mean it.

Journal your thoughts here on where your inner beauty and courage comes from

Today is___________________ and I am feeling:                                                                           
My thoughts:                                                                                                                                       




+ + +

Hope you've enjoyed reading "Not Just a Pretty Face" by my eldest daughter 

+ + +

Be blessed this week y'all, 
In Christ with love and compassion



Coach Kelly


#BeyondTheMirror  #YourLifeCoachingWV #SpringtimeOfEncouragement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45