My Three Brides Week 26

REFLECTION:
"Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil." (Proverbs 4:25-27, ESV).

A DEEPER LOOK
Read
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

IMAGINE THIS

We’d butt heads, My girls and I; they’d make me mad, I’d make them cry.
Their many messes would make me sigh “Grow up already!” Then time did fly.
One’d climb trees, she’d go way too high.
One’d check the weather, before saying “Goodbye”.
Soon one was driving, and me oh my, the things she’d hit…would make her lie!
Too soon they were grown, no need now to try.
But I wish it back…that time gone by.

When our daughters grew up, we emotionally gave them away. Spiritually speaking, just as I helped dress my daughters on their big day, tightening up laces and fluffing vales, the Holy Spirit was sent to us to help prepare us as Christ’s bride.  He knows we’re gonna mess up from time to time. He knows that He’ll be spending time with us, preparing us to take steps on our own. And He’ll want to pull us tight, bring us back to safety. Shucks, maybe He’ll even sigh, shake His head, and wish we’d just stop making messes and get life right.
As a working-outside-the-home-too mom, there were plenty of days when I wished my girls would grow up, be old enough to help out, claim their independence…but when that time came…I questioned if I’d done it right: the mom thing.
June 10, 217, we gave our baby girl away. And although she’d been out of the house for two years, she was one of the hardest to let go. She asked me why I’d been crying for weeks, so I told her. “Jillian, I don’t think I was a good mom. I worked too much and feel like I wasn’t a good mom.” And she laughed in my face. Tell me again why I was crying over this kid?! Oh I know. She acts a lot like me. So she said to me point blank: “Momma! We fought the most and I’m your best kid. You did what you had to do. You raised us right.” I took that to mean I wasn’t too much of a screwed up mom. I reckon the kids knew the intentions of my heart…just as God knows the intent of His kids’ hearts too.
As His daughters, we’re going to make mistakes. And we’ll want a do-over. Ladies, the Holy Spirit is definitely our do-over Guy. He resides within us. He wants us to turn to Him.  To ask for advice. He expects us to look to Him for guidance. Do we ever make Him cry? I’m thinking yes. Does He love us through the hurt? He sure does. I know I need to reach out to Him more. Not just in difficult times, but just a short “I appreciate what You do for me, thank You”.

In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror

[Published:
2018-06-25
2017-06-24]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

And Sometimes...It is Just God