Can't Steal My Sunshine week 34

Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Grant Co., WV


REFLECTION
“Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.” (Psalm 16:9, ESV).
Question of the week: Can life’s circumstances steal our joy?

A DEEPER LOOK
Read
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday

This week’s verses remind us of the source of our joy.

IMAGINE THIS
Driving home , after a storm, an amazing sight caught my attention. Mesmerized, I pulled over to take in the view. Sliding out of the Jeep, I wanted nothing more than to simply be in the moment. With a smile heavenward, I absorbed the sunshine and took in the view. Life was trying to steal my joy…but it cannot steal my sunshine. 

This cover picture is a good depiction of life after rain.

Sometimes, as the sun burns its way through rain clouds, we see a rainbow. Other times, an incredible brightness that we can’t look at directly. Other times, as the picture shows, we get an incredibly clear view.

If I summed up August 2017, I would simply say we had a lot of rainy days. As I sat watching the rain fall, I was reminded of Augusts past. Mud races, county fairs, burned up grass – nothing like this one. But memories are funny things – they become tainted over the years.

Our lives are only ours to live. We can either hold onto the promises of God and let Him restore, renew, refresh, and refine our life or we can let life steal our joy.

One morning, I was reminded by my physical and spiritual self that I needed to reclaim my joy. Trust me when I say this revelation brought on more tests and trials; more hurts and disappointments. Why? Because when Christians seek God’s peace in the midst of the storm, Satan loses influence over us…let us find that peace…and all hell comes against us. But...greater is God in us!

When we decide, on purpose, to coach ourselves happy, we win. It doesn’t mean the storm has passed or even lessening in intensity. It merely means that we refuse to let someone or something steal our sunshine.

MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here
This week, journal about a few sunshiny days of yesteryear.
Today is:                     and I’m feeling:                                  

Be blessed this week y'all
In Christ with love and compassion ~ Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror





[Published
2018-08-20;
2017-08-19]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45