I'll Trust in You week 33

Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Grant Co., WV
REFLECTION
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” 
(Isaiah 26:3, ESV).

Question of the week: How can life situations cause us to distance ourselves from God?

A DEEPER LOOK 
Read:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

This week’s verses remind us that through it all…God is God and His peace is available to us…no matter what we are facing.

IMAGINE THIS
My trust in God is being tested. Lately, each new day seems to bring yet another new obstacle, a new hurt to deal with.

“Is this ever going to stop?” I asked my husband. “How can we make Satan leave us alone?” I cried to a friend.

Nothing is as it should be. My thoughts are jumbled, my mind in a whirlwind, and heavenly answers seem evasive. Yet I know that through all the messiness of life God is here. But His peace is available to me only when I fix my mind upon Him.

Soon, just as in the past, answers will come. Soon…I will smile heavenward with a lighter heart and say “I still trust in You.

~Selah~
If we’re honest, most of us have times when we question God’s motive or methods. Lately, my husband and I have been doing a lot of questioning and created a new family: “I dunno.”
Earlier this week, I questioned God about something and His response was immediate and humbling: Because you know Me.

I had to take a moment and post that on Facebook – no joke. Then I contemplated what exactly that meant. No degree of education, personal experience, or knowledge of the Bible contained the answer. It was only available  because I know Him. I’ve experienced the Holy Spirit. I know the voice of Jesus. And His is a voice I trust.

Right now, our household is more stressful than we’d ever have imagined possible. Our personal integrity and ability to love unconditionally are being put to the test. It’s not easy but it’ll be okay. With God’s guidance, grace, mercy, peace, and love for us, we’ll come through this life storm still trusting in the God we know.

As time goes on, we will draw upon this life season to help others through. Right now, what we are doing, all we can do, is remind ourselves – and God – that our trust is in Him.

MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here

As a counselor, I believe in holistic healing from the inside out. Healing that must touch all areas of our lives: body, soul, spirit. As a Christian, I know that the Holy Spirit residing within is the source of that healing.
This week, take time to seek God’s healing in your life.  Look for ways to see Him at work.

When has your trust in God wavered?
·         When I’m not convinced
·         When I worry
·         When I see pain
·         When I don’t see timely results
·         When He tells me no
Today is:                     and I’m feeling:

Be Blessed y'all - In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly #YourLifeCoachingWV#BeyondTheMirror

[Published:
2018-08-14
2017-08-13]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45