Not Always Blue week 32




Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Grant Co., WV  

REFLECTION
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”  (Romans 12:12, ESV).

Question(s) of the week: Do dark days truly diminish the hope of Christ within? Is our Christian walk, the peace of God in our lives, contingent upon blue skies and sunshine? Can we trust Him during the storms of life?

A DEEPER LOOK
Read:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday


This week's verses remind us that there is hope in Christ Jesus.

IMAGINE THIS
Creeping through knee-high grass, I positioned my camera for a spectacular shot.
The sky, practically the same color as the chicory, was whirling and overcast.
Leaning in, I steadied my phone and said cheese, the camera’s telltale click made me grin – got it! 
With a satisfied smile and wink heavenward, rain now splattering my lens and face, I stood up and took in the view. 
It was 47 degrees in early August, the wind was energetic, and my fingers were numb.
Traipsing across the Sods to the warmth of my Jeep, and a tepid mug of coffee, I smiled again.
Despite the weather, I was happy. I was happy with today’s shoot, I was simply happy to be outdoors…even on a day when the sky wasn’t blue.

+ + +

August and our Facebook is bombarded with pictures of sunny skies and green grass. It is, after all, summer! We love blue skies coupled with lush green grass or a sandy beach. These combinations make us want to take a deep breath and chill. Then there are days when storm clouds roll in and we duck for cover
These rules of nature also holds true for our lives. We all have days when the sky is not blue. Days of trouble, stress, and sorrow. Seasons when we are bombarded with one trial after another. Storms that pass through making us realize good ole Murphy had a point. Some storms grow in intensity.
We have some tough choices to make. Are we going to trust God to walk through with us or are we going to take it on by ourselves?
It seems like a simple enough question, right? With only one Christian-like response: Go with Him.
But then…we lay it down, pick it up, pack it around, put it somewhere else, remind God of His promises, and on and on we go.
Our head knowledge of Christ’s love and the power of the Holy Spirit is one thing…but to put that knowledge to the test of becoming faith? Well, that’s easier said than done.


MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here
This week, consider how you maintain a sense of balance in your life and how you can put faith into action.


 
In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly

#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror

[Published
2018-08-09;
2017-08-12]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

I'll Trust in You week 33