Extraordinary Ordinary Life


Yesterday morning I drove my son to pick strawberries for a local farm. Something he and a couple of his friends have been doing for the past couple weeks. Nothing uncommon for some country kids wanting to earn their own spending money. The farmers are grateful for the help too, so its a win-win situation. Nothing extraordinary, just ordinary life here in West Virginia. But on our way to the farm, I saw something extraordinary. It was the backdrop of an ordinary tree. On an ordinary gravel road. On an ordinary morning. Even at the risk of being a couple minutes later than he wanted to be for work, I stopped the Jeep and captured a couple pictures.

Then on the way home, behind me I noticed another version of the same sunrise, and it made me wonder if there was something more. Something I may not be seeing by looking behind. So I turned around, drove up to the "run-away" truck ramp to take a closer look for myself. And I found this:
I don't know about y'all, but my life is mostly ordinary. Nothing overly exciting just work, church, family, some play time...but then I stopped to think about this ordinary life...and suddenly, it becomes extraordinary. The beauty of love, life, and sunrises. The little things that come together to help us appreciate the bounty of God's love, And suddenly, we realize that it is the ordinary ways through which He says to us each day "I Am and I love you," that make our lives extraordinary. 

This morning I was spending time with Him, just the two of us...and the awesomeness of this extraordinary, ordinary life hit me in the gut; and I know that no matter what, He is. And nothing this world has to offer is as beautiful, as pure, as satisfying as the ordinary things He gave us to enjoy life.

Today, I encourage you to find Him in your own ordinary life. To find a way to acknowledge Him, feel Him. 


Have a blessed Sunday y'all.


Coach Kelly



"Oh God of countless wonders...His glory fills the sky."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45