Leave Jesus Behind


Happy Mother's day ladies.

This past week I have been thinking a lot about my mom. The brightness of her smile, the twinkle in her eyes when she was being ornery, the warmth of her laugh, and the kindness in her touch. But today, I am thinking about moms who are feeling the hurt of loss. Those who are grieving over a child, a spouse or a parent or two. My prayers go out to you on this emotional day.

As I was praying, it dawned on me that I need to make sure that I leave something good behind for my family to hold on to when God calls me home. Something that will help them through the heartache of loss. I thought of all the pictures I take that make my family groan. Pictures of us laughing - not just the ones my children deem Facebook worthy, but the real ones. I want to leave behind memories that will make them literally LOL. I want to share thoughts with them that run deeper than the surface. Giving them hope for a bright future. And love that will extend well beyond the grave. And Jesus,  most definitely I want too leave Jesus behind like my great-grandfather "Buggy" John did. He left thoughts of Jesus behind on his monument. It reads something like: "Something-something-Jesus-something-something." Great granddaddy left Jesus behind. So did his sons and their sons and now it's my turn. Our family believes in leaving Jesus behind wherever we go. Now please understand that most of us aren't "religious" and none of us claim perfection!  We are openly human; which means we mess up but instead of trying to hide our shortcomings - we admit them, ask forgiveness, and try again. But what I am getting at the importance of leaving Jesus behind. To show Him to others in our daily, messy, busy, sometimes stressful life; showing those we care about how to live and love like He did. You know, on those days when work stinks (like when Peter and the boys went fishing all night and caught NOTHING), on days when healing don't come right away (Jesus had to touch a guys TWICE), and on days when death comes (Jesus WEPT over His friend). Leaving Jesus behind is the greatest legacy we can possibly leave. Today, as we celebrate Mother's Day with or without our mothers (miss you so much mom), leave Jesus behind and bless others with the HOPE that is in you.

Wishing y'all a blessed Sunday full of hope-peace-love-joy-and JESUS,

Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45