THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN

"Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to bloom in the crooks and crannies of life. Other times I know that is exactly what I'm doing. Life ain't easy, some days its just doable."
Coach Kelly
Happy Saturday folks. I wanted to share something with y'all, something I am willing to bet most of you can relate to.

I woke up this morning, after yesterday's really good day along the river with my husband, feeling spiritually "blah."  After grumping at my husband, I came over to my office for a "spiritual time-out." So I asked God: "How can I awake this morning, following a good nights sleep, after a picture-perfect day yesterday, and feel like this? I just don't understand."  Now here is the part where I'd love to impute some Godly wisdom, share with y'all the revelation He gave me...but I can't. What I can share with you is that after talking to Him, after calling out the fruits of the spirit, and asking for a humble heart and bold spirit, after saying to God "Now would be a great time for the Holy Spirit to speak on my behalf, 'cause I am clueless as to what I need right now," I feel better equipped to go over to the house and apologize to my husband.

Earlier this week, I was listening to a preacher on TV who openly admitted that he is not perfect. That there are days he yells in traffic, loses his temper with his wife, and perhaps throws a little fit. These things he attributed to being human. So I think that is my answer. I am human. And as a woman, I have issues that are both emotional and chemical...nothing over the top, just regular woman stuff.

I will never be the perfect anything, but thank God because of Jesus' sacrifice, I don't even have to pretend to be. I just need to be able to call upon the Holy Spirit for direction and comfort and then be willing to repent, say I'm sorry, and try to not do that again. But I will, you know? Lose my temper, get grumpy because I was too lazy to put the clean dishes away, or add my finishing touches on the project my husband did "just for me, just because." But since there is no such thing as "The Perfect Christian" (and if you see one, run, run fast), I think I'll continue practicing Christianity instead...'cause according to my husband's favorite misquote: "Perfect practice makes perfect."

In Christ with love and compassion,

Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

Jesus, Touch Me Again