Carpe diem - Today. week 31

Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Grant Co., WV



REFLECTION
“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.” (Psalm 131:2, ESV).

Question of the day: what little opportunities are we passing up that could have a big impact on our everyday lives?

A DEEPER LOOK
Read:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

This week’s verses remind us to consider the little blessings God has tucked in here and there.
IMAGINE THIS
The bloom caught my eye as it stood out beneath tall grass.
I stopped the mower and leaned forward. It was the deepest purple bloom I had seen all summer.
I considered taking a photo first but mowed on. And regret set in. Another missed opportunity.
I started searching for another just like it; but all I found was a yard full of weeds, waving to me in the breeze, mocking me for missing such a great shot.
As I searched for the next best thing, I decided to appreciate what was before me. On purpose, I decided to seize the day. And that made all the difference...

From time to time we take advantage of what we love. Not on purpose but in simple ways.
Simply because it’s not always easy to see value in what’s front of us. The cumbersome treasures of our everyday lives often get ignored.

Our homes, family, job…our relationship with God [John 4:24]? After I mowed over the clover, I hoped to find another one [Psalm 69:32]. It wasn’t an easy task.I could have saved myself a lot of time had I stopped. Stopped rushing through the day [Genesis 1].

Every day we are faced with hundreds, if not thousands, of opportunities. Opportunities that may very well have a life-altering impact [Psalm 37:4]. 
Chances are, mowing over a pretty clover is not one of these opportunities. But what about ignoring our life’s treasures?

Are the distractions, social media, a text, a television program, more valuable than our real life interactions? These are little things…but they soon add up. 

Eventually, I found a similar purple clover. Similar – but no match for the original.
Like my clover, in life we may get a do-over; but not always [Romans 8:24].

While we have time, let’s stop and seize the day.
MY THOUGHTS
Journal your thoughts here

This week, take time to be still – to be in that moment – to enter His peace – and to enjoy the little things God has put into your life [Romans 5:1-2]

Be blessed this week y'all - In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly

Published:
[2018, July 31
2017, July 31]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45