Why I'm Chill week 30

Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Grant Co., WV  

REFLECTION
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28, ESV).

Question of the week: How do we plan our days?

A DEEPER LOOK
Read:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday


IMAGINE THIS
It was Saturday, March 8, 1997.
I glanced at the clock, 11:45 am.
So much yet to do: laundry to dry, lunch to make, and toys to pick up.
I didn’t have plans for the afternoon.
Still the panic set in.
It was almost noon.
Over the noise of the television I started barking orders:
Pick up your toys.
Turn off the TV.
What do you want for lunch?!
And just like every other Saturday for the past nine years…I swallowed tears and wished I were more like my mother.

As a young wife and mother, I needed a new perspective. God granted me one.
His revelation gave me power over an entryway full of shoes. They no longer send me into a full blown panic attack. But it took me years and a lot of prayer to realize that I needed a new life perspective.

When my kids were small, I dreaded the weekend – but I didn’t know why. By noon on Saturdays, I was literally a nervous wreck.  My family learned the signs of mom getting like that and took cover. Sunday through Friday, I was okay. But those darn Saturdays were my downfall.

After sincerely praying about my Saturday anxiety attacks, God gave me a revelation that changed my life. I was not only claiming them as my attacks but inadvertently scheduling them. Every glance at the clock took me closer to picking it up. I’m not going to blame my mother…but…

Because of her schedule and routines, she had programmed to believe that the work week ended at noon on Saturday. Every Saturday.

What I had failed to realize was that she was able to do so with help. Side-by-side, we worked to get things done. Then, the next 36-hours were free to do whatever we liked. It was great!

Then I had a family of my own...and shadow anxiety dared to develop. At that time, I was clueless about anxiety, panic attacks, or associated triggers. What I did know, and knew it well, was that I hated to see the weekend come. How sad for my family.

After the great revelation, things changed. Weekday evenings found our family performing some type of chore – things normally set aside for Saturdays. Before long Saturday afternoons once again became a time of pleasure and recreation…not one of anxiety.


Revelation + Change = Problem Solved. 


MY THOUGHTS

Journal your thoughts here

When I accepted the fact that I could not do everything on my own, I turned to God for direction and He gave me peace, wisdom, and a new perspective. And inadvertently…my children learned valuable work skills.
If you find yourself out of control in a certain area of your life, try setting safeguards in place. You will need to tweak them in a way that works for your lifestyle.

Ask God for a divine revelation in an area of your life that tends to control you and establish a plan to bring it under His authority.

Today is:                     and I’m feeling:                                                                


In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly

#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror

[Published:
2018-07-24;
2017-07-18]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

And Sometimes...It is Just God