Under the Shadow of God's Wing week 28





Photo Credit: D. Kelly @ Hardy Co., WV

REFLECTION
“For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matthew 5:45, ESV).

Question of the day where do we turn when we’re weary and  tired?

A DEEPER LOOK

This week's suggested readings:


IMAGINE THIS


I remember one time when our family was walking through the valley of death. In the ER, I felt strong enough to handle what was coming through the door…But then I had to walk out… and every ounce of strength left my body. 

As I headed into the lobby, I couldn’t even push the door open. I was on the verge of collapse and hoping nobody was watching. I buried my face in a corner and tried to breathe. Then I questioned God.

Why am I feeling like this now? Why was I about to make a fool of myself by hyperventilating or worse yet, to pass out? Just a few minutes before that, I was the tower of strength for my family. The one they typically expected to help hold them up. Now, I am having trouble holding myself up.

Then I heard “This is you without Me.” That is when I knew that I never-ever want to be without God’s strength or presence in my life. That feeling of total exhaustion was more than I could comprehend.

Years later, I question how any human being can operate without the comfort, strength, and vitality that God gives to His kids. I love how Isaiah 40:29 reads: “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength” (ESV). 

MY THOUGHTS


This week, as you wander along, revisit times when God strengthened you. Consider ways in which you can share these valley season experiences with others who may be struggling through a valley of despair.

We triumph through Jesus and by the word of our testimony (Revelation 12:11). Share that God has done for you with someone this week.

We triumph through Jesus and by the word of our testimony (Revelation 12:11). Share that God has done for you with someone this week


[Published:
2018-07-12;
2017-07-06]




In Christ with love and compassion - Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV #BeyondTheMirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45