in the SILENCE week 44

Beyond the Mirror
week 44


“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” (Psalm 46:10, ESV).






REFLECTION:
Sitting on ‘my rock’ in early fall
I watched my husband standing in the cool water.
His fly rod whipping back and forth.
I smiled at the geese squawking overhead.
In front of me, I saw a fish jump.
A couple mallards were making their way downstream, effortlessly parting the water.
Earlier, I had strained my neck to see a bald eagle.Nature at its best.
God’s creation; from the stable rock jutting out over the river, to the variety of birds and fish.
All speaking volumes to my spirit.
I took in all the things He had spoken into existence.
Creations that created within me a sense of peacefulness beyond comprehension.
It was in the silence that I heard Him so well.
Certainly nothing I could ever create for myself.
And in the natural silence of our West Virginia hills, I felt God.

His peace embraced me - His love surrounded me...and in the silence, God was there. 

IMAGINE THIS:

How long has it been since you (or I) have taken time in natural silence? Just sitting in nature with no man-made distractions? How long has it been since we’ve taken time to hear God’s still small voice above the noise of anything else? 



In our society, noise is everywhere, drowning out any type of peace we may be seeking. It comes in through the airwaves. And the prince of the airwaves is making sure the static is loud. But then God… He has provided a way of escape. Jesus knew the importance of time in silence. Communing with God through prayer, in nature, alone in His presence, in His world, setting an example for us to follow.


WE were created to commune with Him. To keep company with God in the atmosphere He created.

This week, let’s find Him in the SILENCE. 


MY THOUGHTS: 
Journal your thoughts here

This week, let’s try to find a few moments with God in the natural silence He created for us. 


A DEEPER LOOK:
Daily scripture readings

Sunday
Exalt the King in early morning prayer.

Monday
Wait upon God with expectation and follow Him daily.
Tuesday
Listen carefully to our words and know to Whom we’re praying.
Wednesday
Listen to what other’s have to say...especially to His voice.
Thursday
Seek God earnestly...building your faith daily.
Friday
Follow Jesus, watch and learn His ways.
Saturday
Observe life seasons carefully...when things feel totally out of our control, He alone offers us true peace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45