Trusting God During The Storms


When I started this blog, I was under a "storm".  I could not explain it because truth be told, I didn't understand it myself.  Now that I made it through several life changes, I can say without a doubt that God has been there for me through it all and that I am a stronger person because of these changes.  Most of us cannot grasp the concept that someone can experience abundance while living in decrease.  I guess it could be paralleled to the pruning process:  cut away the excess which results in better productivity.

As a Christian who is not particularly fond of religion, I know that my personal relationship with Jesus Christ has made all the difference in my journey to this point.  Once again, the difference is that my experience with Jesus is personal, from the heart, not just from my head. We talk, He hears me, I listen, I obey, He provides, and I give thanks even when He tells me no.  I wish I could explain how it feels to have a personal relationship with Jesus but I cannot, yet I can feel it.  For example, I could try to describe how good the South Carolina restaurant,  Magnolias, creamed corn tastes, but until you taste it for yourself, you cannot begin to understand how awesome that stuff tastes (and I don't even like creamed corn)!  Or better yet, how about your grandma's fried chicken?  To you, it may be the best chicken fried in West Virginia.  Try to describe how tender, juicy, and crispy it is and you can make it sound so good, but until I try it for myself, I'll really never believe that it is that good.

That is how a relationship with Jesus Christ feels - it is indescribable; many have tried and failed otherwise He would be the center of everyone's lives. Our youth group's former tag line read "Jesus is to be experienced not explained"...and some folks had a problem with that phrase.  I'm thinking they had more of a head than heart relationship when it comes to how experiencing His presence really feels.  But to those of us who enjoy a daily, personal relationship with Him, we know exactly how it feels...and it is indescribable.  But the great news is this:  whoever will can experience Jesus!

If you are wondering how you can enter into such an amazing relationship with Jesus, here is a little insight on how to get there:

  1. Ask Him to come into your heart (repent of sin, accept His forgiveness, acknowledge Him)
  2. Talk with Him daily (pray, read your Bible, take time to Listen for the Holy Spirit's direction)
  3. Ask Jesus to be your friend (it takes time, active listening, obedience to the Holy Spirit)
I am sure we could add many things to this simple, yet straightforward list, but honestly, I believe that we tend to make life a whole lot more complicated than we need to.  Look at some of the relationships Jesus had during His ministry.  He hung out with carpenters, fishermen, and housewives (plain, everyday, ordinary folks), they went to weddings, camped out, hung out in gardens, went to church together, and had an occasional disagreement...yet in the end, His friendship withstood the tests of their ordinary lives.  

My prayer for everyone reading this post is for you to desire and experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Trust me Neighbor, it is better than anything you have ever experienced.

In Christ with love and compassion, 

Coach Kelly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

The Life Journey week 4

You hear that?