Happy Hump Day

Just a note to say "Hi Y'all!" It is another hot and beautiful day here in the Potomac Highlands but 80 degrees in the shade didn't stop me from enjoying lunch outside today - my husband thinks I'm addicted to being outside - I think that comes from spending too many years locked away behind a desk in a cold office!


+ + +
As I ventured outside to enjoy some July 4th leftovers, I read a little from Romans and tripped over 14:13 which reads: "Therefore, let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this - not to put an obstacle or stumbling block in a brother's way." Ouch...that hit me in the gut. Mostly because, today of all days, I'm not feeling as compassionate as I should be - not a good thing for a life coach to admit, but being human just like y'all, I guess it is normal to experience compassion fatigue once in a while. So with that said, I realized after reading this verse that while it is not my job to make everyone feel happy, content, or satisfied, it is my job to make sure that I don't intentionally - on purpose - offend anyone.  So I reckon I need to be more aware of how I handle myself and others.  Just my random post / thought of the day - a personal conviction that I thought I'd share.

Hey y'all, have a blessed rest of the week - 

In Christ with love and ...[gulp]...compassion,

Coach Kelly


P.S. We are still praying for our neighbors down in the southern part of the state. We have more donations from our area headed your way!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

The Life Journey week 4