Truthful Consequences

"Know Him in all your paths, and He will keep your ways straight." Proverbs 3:6 (CEB)

+ + +


Choices. We all make them. Sometimes they are honestly enjoyable during and after but some only during.  I believe the Bible refers to this as "pleasure for a season" - and then along come those consequences, marching into our real life, solicited but often uninvited. Every decision or indecision has truthful consequences. With this in mind, I think we'd all be better off if we asked ourselves this question more often: 
"Is this worth the truthful consequences?"

+ + +

My truth for today: I let my guard down when I didn't go over to my office for morning prayer. It has its own spot on my daily calendar; it sets the tone for the rest of my day. But this morning I missed the meeting; I didn't ask WWJD...so my choice was, from the looks of it, to have a bad day. And what does God do? Well He let me have one of course! Not that He dictated everything that was going to happen to purposefully make me have a bad day - oh no, that was my fault - the truthful consequences of my inaction - and because I wasn't prepared for the battle - it really took its toll.

Let me share a few of today's truthful consequences with you so you'll get a clear picture of what I'm talking about: 

1. Bad attitude: I honestly yelled at a stranger who dared to interrupt me while blogging... during a computer update...she should have known the internet just went down...and that my PC powered down...and that the updates had to reverse due the internet blip...and the phone was ringing nonstop...(so yeah...I had to call her back and apologize - but I doubt if either of us feel better).
2. Feeling hypocritical: Like a HUGE hypocrite. Hateful. Mean. Angry.
3. Unexpected anxiety:  Hit my gut like it had every right to do so. Unexpected but by invitation - my invitation when I hadn't prepared for the day.
4. Feeling empty. Pity-party ensued. Why? How? Unfair.
5. Sought pity: Humph! From my kids? Those kids raised by a Christian life coach? Y'all know that popular scripture "Train up a child?" Apparently we did good...so instead of an "Ah mom, that's awful," what do I get? Advice! Good advice but I wanted pity. Did I get it? Nope instead Taryn said - in writing no less: "You know what to do. You better pull over and pray."  Seriously?!  Alright. I. Will. Pray.
6. Prayer-check. 
7. Open Bible - check. And then, You've GOT to be kidding me, Job 22 popped up. Reminded me of a biblical wack-a-mole; I don't even remember opening Job recently - who reads Job? No, y'all, I'm serious you've got to read Job 22 
8. Light comes on: Who says God don't know exactly what we need exactly when we need it?
9. Texted Taryn: She LOL'd...


+ + +

So as I ask myself, yet again "Was this choice worth the truthful consequences?" My truthful and remorseful reply is a resounding "Heck no!"

Hey y'all have a blessed Friday - thanks for reading and hopefully chuckling with me (now that it's over I can do that)

Just keepin' life real

In Christ with Love and Compassion,

Coach Kelly

#WVStrong; #BeyondTheMirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45