Learn to see God everywhere or nowhere


This morning, before the grand-kids woke up, I took my coffee to the front steps. A light rain was falling and the eastern sky was a kaleidoscope of drab colors being pushed out of the way to make room for the sun's radiance. I breathed in the smell of rain and relished the feel of it on my face. The chaos of my day hadn't started yet but, in that moment, I needed a slight refreshment, something that could uplift me throughout the day, something to carry with me for a few hours. And although the rain ended as quickly as it started, traces of it remained on my skin...I smiled as I heard the pitter-patter of little feet coming up behind me, the phone vibrated the sad news of death...and so my day began.


+ + +

Just like this morning's rain, the Bible says life is as a fleeting vapor in the wind. Like most of y'all, I've suffered through enough real life stuff to drive that point home. But yet through it all, my faith and desire to enjoy this life in preparation for the next only grew stronger. For me, serving God and living a Christian lifestyle is not a chore. It is not an uneducated or hand-me-down set of beliefs that I'm haphazardly locked into. I've experienced the embrace of the Comforter promised to us in John 14:16 - so when a stranger, someone whom I allow no authority to speak into my life, attempts to convince me that I'm wrong or delusional because of my belief in God...all I have to say is my reality is simple: God is the creator of all. Jesus is His Son sent to show us how to live a moral, loving, good life. The Holy Spirit dwells within me as a believer. So yeah...I guess I am possessed by the Holy Ghost.  He points me to truth, convicts me of wrongs, gives me discernment concerning good and evil, and thankfully, gives me His fruit as He abides within: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. At my age, I do not argue Christianity. I don't argue the existence of God. I don't even get angry at those folks. I just pray for them. That their hardened hearts will soften. That their blinded eyes will be opened. But most importantly, I pray that they will somehow, someway, experience Jesus for themselves and learn to see God everywhere not nowhere.


Have a blessed Thursday everyone,
In Christ with love and compassion,
Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV; #ChristianLifeCoaching; #TheBeyondSeries





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45