Don't let me fall


"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen." (Jude 24, 25,NKJV).

I've been 'doing' the weekly church scene all my life. I've taught, planned, served, and learned a lot over these fifty years. Yet one thing that continues to taunt me is how easy it is to get caught up in the dos and don'ts of doing church.

Lately, I've been more interested in actually being the church than doing church. I sincerely want to be Christ-like. Copying the example of Jesus by doing the little things He did. Like loving my neighbors, giving compassion, setting a good example, being friendly to strangers, tossing a few tables if need be...nothing huge...just not-so-little things.

Reading Jude reminded me that doing these things, even doing them right, isn't enough to graft me into heaven. That work has already been done. So why are we, as the body of Christ, so hellbent on doing church? Putting on airs, showing off our salvation like a badge of honor that we've somehow earned.

If nothing can steal our salvation, if we are truly changed, if we know to Whom we belong, shouldn't we be humbled instead of puffed up? 

Jesus simply says "Come to me...and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). I for one am ready to rest because doing church is exhausting. Being the church, however, should be a joyful experience. One full of light and sunshine - even on cloudy days. 

As we conclude Can't Steal My Sunshine, my prayer is that each of you have found joy in the presence of His Light this week.

 Have a blessed weekend y'all 
In Christ with love and compassion
Coach Kelly
#BeyondTheMirror
#YourLifeCoachingWV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

You hear that?

Jesus, Touch Me Again