The Ultimate Satisfaction

I want you to know the delight I experience,
 to find ultimate satisfaction, which is why I am telling
you all of this.(John 15:11, VOICE)
Reading today's devo verse left me wanting to know exactly what Jesus was saying here.
The preceding text laid the foundation for verse 11. They mentioned words like abide, continue, love, commandments...foundational.

As I was reading these verses, it occurred to me that we want God's best for our lives...but aren't always willing to remain steadfast in our faith.

Take this picture for example. I hate when guardrails or other obstacles get in the way of a good shot. However, they have an important purpose - and I wouldn't want to cross this bridge without them! Yet often times, we test the boundaries of our Christian walk...straddle the fence as my mom used to say.

My point is this: The Word of God is like a set of guardrails. It gives us boundaries that keep us safe. It clearly shows us our boundaries. We have the option to step over into the world beyond but for the life of me, I can't figure out why we would want to when His full joy is located within.


Have a blessed Friday y'all -

In Christ with Love and Compassion - Coach Kelly
#YourLifeCoachingWV
#BeyondTheMirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create in Me

Jesus, Touch Me Again

beyond BEAUTIFUL week 45